Monday 12 June 2017

Marvellous Manicures

Hello Everyone

If there is one thing that makes my heart want to sing, it's beautiful nails. Having my nails done is one of the ways that I recharge my batteries, prepare for a special celebration or reward myself for reaching a specific goal. I could spend hours looking through ideas on Pinterest of various nail designs. You can check out my Nails Pinterest board here.

One of the first things I notice about people when I first meet them is their hands. There is something about beautifully manicured nails that really speaks to me. Even though having your nails professionally done on a regular basis can become an expensive exercise, it's one that I feel can be easily justified.

But a manicure is so much more than just pretty nails. It nourishes your cuticles, removes dry skin, smoothes the nail plate, rehydrates hard working hands and improves blood circulation. Having studied to be a Health and Skincare Therapist, I have done many a manicure in my life but it takes an artistic flair and a particular passion to create some of those beautiful designs. Not one set of nails can be repeated. Each nail beautifully painted with the finest of details. Sadly, it's not a talent that I possess.

My go-to nail tech is Lisa-Marie from The Beauty Box in Somerset West. Lisa is so creative, she offers such a wide variety of colours to choose from and is always game to try new designs or ideas.

I like to wear my nails quite short and in a square-oval shape. I also prefer less "out there" designs for myself . Boring, I know, but it's my rarely seen practical side. I love having gel overlays on my nails. The best part about it is that you don't have to wait hours and hours for the polish to dry and stress about smudging them.

Below are some of the designs that I have chosen over the last year or so:









Until next time,

XX-L

Disclaimer: This is a personal blog. Any views or opinions in this blog are personal and belong solely to the blog owner and are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organisation, company or individual. All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only.

Happy 2019!

It's been a while since I wrote a blog post. About 16 months. You might be wondering why. Honestly? Life...life happened. But this ...