Friday 9 June 2017

Follow Me Friday

Happy Friday Everyone!

Throwback Thursday has been around for what seems like forever, but now the big thing amongst bloggers seems to be Follow Me Friday. So this morning I'm going to share with you some of my favourite bloggers/vloggers/instagrammers that I enjoy following. Some of these ladies live as far afield as the United States and some are beautiful local South African ladies.

At Home With Natalie

First up and probably the blogger I've been following the longest and makes blogging look super fun is Natalie from At Home with Natalie. Natalie is a mom of 4 little busy bodies with another baba on the way. Her positivity, creativity and honesty really speaks to me. I really enjoy following their adventures as a family. They live in Louisiana so it's fun to see what life is like there...kind of like traveling without the expense. Natalie often posts fun tutorials about the projects they make at home, like when they recently spruced up their backyard to prepare for summer fun. She also loves celebrating various special days (or holidays as they call it in the States) and posts some really cute party ideas. She offers an online blogging course, which I am really keen to do! Natalie is active on Instagram (@athomewithnatalie) and Facebook.


(Picture: At Home with Natalie)


The Freckled Fox

I started following Emily's blog, The Freckled Fox, through following Natalie. The first thing that struck me about her was that she had 5 kids in 5 years and she looked AMAZING! But reading further, I learnt about her intense heart-ache of losing her husband to cancer. Her strength and determination to carry on totally amazes me. She has found love again and I so enjoy seeing her updates about how her little ones are doing. She is also active on youtube and posts make up and hair tutorials. To me, Emily is an absolute inspiration. You can follow Emily on Instagram (@thefreckledfox) and Facebook.


(Picture: The Freckled Fox)


Jessica Van Heerden

I stumbled upon Jessica's you tube channel about a year ago while searching for make up tutorials. She is a local beauty who lives in Joburg. What first drew me in to Jessica's make up tutorials was that she used affordable, drug-store make up brands such as Essence and Catrice...and did an amazing job! The snob in me has always prefered higher end brands, but she opened the door to fabulous looking make up using budget friendly product for me. Her looks are always flawless. She has since started doing vlogs of events that she's been to and also covers fashion, hair and accessories. You can follow her on Youtube and on Instagram (@jessica_vanheerden).



(Picture: Jessica van Heerden)

Sarah Graham

So if you have been following my blog recently, you will already know that I adore following another local blogger: Sarah Graham. I shared one of her delicious soup recipes earlier in the week. Sarah shares so many of her amazing recipes and more on her blog on a daily basis and sends out monthly newsletters filled with all things lovely. Her drive to produce healthy, delicious food inspires me to keep on track with my health journey. You can check our her website and blog here, as well as follow her on Instagram (@sarahgrahamfood).


(Picture: Sarah Graham)

Fat Girl Fedup

Lexi is an instagrammer whose journey to health and fitness struck a nerve with me. She is a 26 year old girl who lives in the States. Lexi weighed 220kgs when she decided that she had had enough of sitting on the sidelines of her life. She has lost 130kg since the 1st of January 2016 on her own...through diet and exercise alone. I mean, what an inspiration! She often posts about what her diet consists of, her exercise routine and how she celebrates non-scale victories. You can follow her on Instagram (@fatgirlfedup) and facebook.


(Picture: Fatgirlfedup)

Until next time,
XX-L

Disclaimer: This is a personal blog. Any views or opinions in this blog are personal and belong solely to the blog owner and are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organisation, company or individual. All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only.




Happy 2019!

It's been a while since I wrote a blog post. About 16 months. You might be wondering why. Honestly? Life...life happened. But this ...