Friday 9 September 2016

Team #FATTIESFORFURRIES

Exercise does not come naturally to me. I am not a natural athlete in the least. My body shape is not conducive to running at all. A close friend of mine once said that should she try and run, a natural disaster might occur somewhere. I'm afraid to say I fear the same would happen should I try and run.

However, with any healthy lifestyle, exercise is vital. You'll remember that when I started blogging, I used to walk with an amazing group of ladies every morning. It was my therapy and I felt amazing when the endorphins kicked in. When I stop working at the end of this month, we have decided to take up our morning walks again. The best way to stay active is by making it fun and doing it with friends!

Recently the Hamba Run page caught my attention on Facebook. It looks like amazing fun. It's a fun, fresh 5km fun run with 7 massive inflatable obstacles en route. The Hamba Run is hosting events all over South Africa, starting with their inaugural one at the Riversands Farmers Market in Jo'burg on the 27th of November. The Hamba run is for anyone from the age of 4 years and up! There is no mud, no water, no colour powders, no super human power required, no time restrictions. Just pure fun!




The girls and I have decided that instead of aimlessly doing out walks every morning, we have set ourselves the goal to take part in the Paarl event which will take place in March 2017. That gives us a good 6 months to get a bit fitter and into better shape.

Who doesn't love a challenge?

On top of getting our butts in gear over the next 6 months we have decided to do a bit of fund raising for a local cause - HART (Helderberg Animal Rescue Team). Over the next 6 months we will get people to pledge money for each member of our #teamfattiesforfurries that crosses the finish line of the Paarl Hamba Run. If you would like to join #teamfattiesforfurries, please leave a comment below or send me an inbox message on the Tights & Tekkies facebook page.

You can also help! If you are planning to take part in any of the Hamba Runs in South Africa, you can use my unique code 'LieshenSmit01' when purchasing your tickets. This will allow you a 5% discount on your entry and we will receive a small amount in aid of HART. Tickets are available on their website www.hambarun.co.za

Watch this space for updates on how our training and prep is going over the next few months!

Until next time

XX-L


Happy 2019!

It's been a while since I wrote a blog post. About 16 months. You might be wondering why. Honestly? Life...life happened. But this ...